We are a small team of 3 Property & Estate Management (P&EMS) Officers:

  • Jim Noble
  • Marlene Roger
  • Ray Edmonstone

with a dedicated Administrator for the team:

  • Emma Lawie

The Officers split their time between site visits and office-based work. They carry out site visits to over 160 schemes, approximately 130 of which are inspected every month.

If you’d like your Officer to visit your scheme for a specific reason please get in touch so we can arrange this.

Between them our team have decades of experience in the social landlord and housing sector across a range of services.  This helps us in our commitment to providing you with a competitive, customer focused and value for money service that we can be proud of.


We oversee the provision of a range of factoring services to Grampian Housing Association, Kirkgate, other local Housing Associations, shared owners and private customers.

Typically, such services include stair cleaning, bulk bin cleaning & communal window cleaning (in flatted developments), open space maintenance (landscaping) and repairs to communal areas.

The cleaning service to many of our schemes in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire is provided by an “in-house” mobile team. In rural areas these services are mainly provided by our rural cleaners.  In the Elgin and Moray areas our in-house Caretaking Team provide these services in the majority of our schemes.

Where some or all services are provided to a scheme by a third-party external Factor/Management Company, we handle some basic administration such as processing invoices, circulation of relevant correspondence and information to our customers and act as a liaison if there are areas of concern or issues to address.


The costs of these services are charged directly to customers in the form of a factoring service charge.

Currently, Grampian Housing Association ‘front funds’ all of the relevant charges incurred in the provision of both our in-house services and those provided by third parties.  We review all of these charges annually across the organisation for all customers including tenants, owners and shared owners and at the start of each financial year, your annual charge will be advised to you, you may pay this monthly or annually.  These charges will cover the cost of the previous year’s services – this way you will always pay an actual cost and not an estimated cost.*

This effectively means your costs have already been paid by Grampian Housing Association and your factoring service charge is to recover these payments.  We add a 15% administration fee to any major or extraordinary works such as communal block redecoration works or roof repairs.  These repairs are normally dealt with separately and charged outwith your annual service charge. 

The annual service charge review will provide you with a complete breakdown of all the services your scheme/block has been provided with for the previous 12-month period and show the actual costs of these and whether they have been provided by an in-house team or an external contractor/supplier.

A factoring fee is applicable for every factored customer dependent on whether you receive some or all of the following services;

  1. Open Space Maintenance (Landscaping)
  2. Communal Cleaning
  3. Communal Repairs

*Estimated costs may apply in the case of brand new developments for up to the first 12 months of operation.


Our team are always working towards improving and increasing their knowledge and ensuring they keep up to date with ever changing legislation.

The Association is a member of the Property Managers Association Scotland Limited (PMAS) which promotes high standards of property management amongst its members.

Currently, two of our Officers are members of The Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) which is a professional body for residential property management specialists and provides nationally accredited qualifications, guidance and resources to assist property managers with their roles. 

We adhere to the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011 Code of Conduct for Property Factors which came about as a result of the Scottish Government’s acknowledgement of, and commitment to “improve the condition of Scottish tenements to ensure that Scotland’s housing stock can continue to provide safe and sustainable homes for the future.”

Grampian Housing Association is a member of the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations (SFHA) and a significant number of our staff are also members of the Chartered Institute for Housing (CIH).

Grampian Housing Association itself is the largest housing association based in the North East of Scotland.


We also work for and with our subsidiary organisations. 

Let’s Choose

The brand for Kirkgate’s homes for mid-market and market rent properties.  For more information on Let’s Choose please click here.

TLC Housing Maintenance

A wholly owned subsidiary of Grampian Housing Association currently providing kitchen and bathroom installations in our tenanted properties.  TLC can also provide other repairs and maintenance services for all customers such as paint works and electrical works.  We are continuing to increase TLC’s remit and in the future hope to have them carrying out a broad range of repair & maintenance works on our behalf.  For more information on TLC please click here.


You can reach your Officer by email to discuss issues relating to your factoring account, the sale or purchase of your property or to request they check a specific issue at their next site visit to your scheme/block.

Marlene Roger          [email protected]

Jim Noble                  [email protected]

Ray Edmonstone      [email protected]

If you are unsure who your Officer is, or have a general query please direct this in the first instance to [email protected] 

To report a repair please contact [email protected] or call the Customer Response Unit on 01224 202900.

If you are a sharing owner and have a query regarding your ownership please contact [email protected]

If you have any queries about the factoring services provided by the Association or if you are interested in asking us to provide your scheme/block with a factoring service please contact the Customer Response Unit on 01224 202900 or email [email protected]

Alternatively write to: Grampian Housing Association, Huntly House, 74 Huntly Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1TD.


P&EMS Written Statement of Services 2024-25

Debt Recovery (Factoring) Policy

Summary of Changes

Reuse, Recycle and Waste Information 

Open Space Maintenance Info

Frequently Asked Questions

Latest News

Grampian Housing Association employee wi…

Nicole Thompson, Neighbourhood Officer at Grampian Housing Association has been recognised as a future star who is destined for great things at the Northern Star Business Awards 2024 The awards are...

Read more

Grampian Housing Association and Barratt…

In a partnership with the Association and Moray Council, Barratt hands over the final affordable homes at its Findrassie, Elgin development Tenants of Grampian Housing Association are happy to be receiving...

Read more

Rent increase 2024/25

This week we are sending emails/letters advising tenants about the 7.7% rent increase which will take affect from 1 April 2024. Tenants were consulted on the proposed rent increase in December...

Read more

GOALS - New centre of excellence for lea…

The learning and development opportunities offered by Grampian Housing Association have been brought together in its new GOALS initiative. Formally launched to staff this week, GOALS demonstrates the Association’s commitment to...

Read more

'The Noise App' - 1 month trial

Starting today, Monday 22 January, Grampian Housing is running a 1 month trial of ‘The Noise App’. ‘The Noise App’ helps you record any persistent noise nuisance where you live and...

Read more

Festive Message from Grampian Group CEO …

As part of my festive message to tenants and our customers, I wanted to remind everyone of our commitment to continue to support you and provide the best service we...

Read more

Rent Consultation 2024-25

We need your views! Each year we (Grampian Housing Association) review our rents on the 1 April to take account of inflation, changes in interest rates charged on our loans and year...

Read more

Ballater development wins architectural …

The Old School - Aberdeenshire Council Our ambitious Old School regeneration project at Abergeldie Road, Ballater has won the Building communities for the future category and was also commended in the...

Read more

New Heat & Eat initiative wins natio…

It was a double win for Grampian Housing Association at this year's Chartered Institute of Housing Scotland Awards Cermony.  Our new Heat and Eat initiative was announced the winner of...

Read more

Logos for IIP, Healthy Working Lives and Happy to Translate