Applying For Housing (Rented Or Shared Ownership)

To apply to all housing providers in the North East (with the exception of Aberdeen City Council) use apply4homes, an online system designed to allow applicants access to the online application.  There is also general information about the properties of each housing provider and useful links.

Applying for rented housing

Due to the installation of our new computer system later this year we are currently unable to allocate any vacant properties from our own waiting lists. 

We are allocating our properties through nominations from Aberdeenshire Council, The Moray Council and Aberdeen City Council.  It is therefore important that you have applied to all the local authorities to be considered for vacancies with Grampian Housing Association.

If you are applying for housing in Aberdeenshire or Moray you should use making sure that you select Aberdeenshire Council and/or The Moray Council as well as Grampian Housing Association as your preferred landlord.

The online application will also give you the opportunity of applying to: 
Aberdeenshire Council
Aberdeenshire Housing Partnership 
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association
Homehunt (Castlehill Housing Association & Tenants First)
Langstane Housing Association
The Moray Council
Moray Housing Partnership

If you are applying for housing in Aberdeen you should also apply through making sure that you select Grampian Housing Association as your preferred landlord.  You should also apply to Aberdeen City Council. 

Click here to download our Rented Property Guide which gives you more information about where we have properties throughout the North East and how often vacancies arise in areas.

If you are homeless or threatened with homeless please apply directly to the local authority who will provide advice and assistance to you.

House Exchange

If you are a tenant of one of the apply4homes partners (see list above) you may also want to consider registering with House Exchange (  This free online database advertises properties of tenants who want to move and who are willing to consider a mutual exchange with another tenant.  This gives you access to nationwide mutual exchanges.  The Association has certain criteria which must be met. 

Applying for shared ownership housing

To apply for shared ownership housing you should complete our online application for rented housing via and also contact our Customer Service Team (T: 01224 202900 / E: to request a shared ownership application form.  Please note that the shared ownership application form must be completed and returned in addition to submitting your online application for rented housing.